Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Bottom of the Hill

The Bottom of the Hill is a well known punk venue at the bottom of a hill in the SoMa district. I rode my bike there and I did not realized that I was completely lost until I found myself in the middle of a scary industrial area by the docks. I called a friend and learned that the club is on 17th and not 16th (the road I was on). Feeling very vulnerable and obviously lost and on the phone asking for directions I turned around and back tracked the ten blocks I over shot just about as quick as I could.

The Bottom of the Hill is one of the most active venues in the city. There is a show at the club usually 7 days a week. The club is known for having hosted a huge number of now-famous artists when they were still burgeoning, including Green Day, Death Cab for Cutie, The Flaming Lips, Sum 41, Blink 182, The Lovemakers, The White Stripes, Dashboard Confessional, The Tragically Hip and The Dandy Warhols.

BOTTOM OF THE HILL

No comments: